PNDT NOTE UPTO SEPT 2015 :
As you are aware, in Haryana, we are grappling with problem of skewed sex ratio since time immemorial. Although Haryana has made tremendous improvement in the fields of infrastructure, IT, education and housing etc. but still we have to do a lot to improve the skewed sex ratio in Haryana. This is not only health problem but a social problem also.
Health Department has intensified its campaign to curb illegal centres/doctors involved in sex selection throughout Haryana. 22336 inspections of registered centres have been done so far, out of which 1683 inspections were done last six months i.e. April 2015 to Sept 2015. 517 registrations suspended/cancelled out of which, 29 suspension/cancellation in last last six months i.e. April 2015 to Sept 2015. 330 centres were sealed, out of these 30 centres sealed in last six months i.e. April 2015 to Sept 2015. Charges have been framed against 15 doctors out of which 3 are in last six months. There is marked improvement in convictions (5) under PNDT from April 2015 to Sept 2015 with a total of 63 convictions out of 135 court cases under PNDT till Sept 2015. Till date 91 appeals have been heard by State Appropriate Authority, out of which 9 are in last six months i.e. April 2015 to Sept 2015.
Name of 10 doctors have been removed from Register of State Medical Council for five years and name of two doctors have been suspended after conviction under Pre-conception & Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection), Act, 1994 till Sept, 2015 & name of four doctors have been suspended from Register of Haryana State Medical Council due to framing of charges by court under Pre-conception & Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection), Act, 1994 till Sept 2015.
Regular District Task Force meetings (154) were conducted to review the implementation of PC & PNDT Act in each district under the chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner. Till date 1561 meetings of District Advisory Committee have been done, out of which 64 meetings have been done in last last six months i.e. April 2015 to Sept 2015
With all these efforts, CRS Sex ratio in Sept , 2015 is 868 , out of which four districts Fatehabad (903), Mewat (910), Palwal (901) and Panchkula (900) have sex ratio more than 900 rest of the districts have sex ratio between 800-900 as per CRS data.
State Initiatives :-
District Award:-In F.Y. 2015-16 an award of Rs. 1.50 lacs will be given to one village with highest sex ratio during the year & the award money will be utilized in the form of scholarship to first 3 meritorious girls in 10th standard
- Best village Award Scheme:-It is being implemented since 2010 inwards.
- District Award:-In F.Y. 2015-16 an award of Rs. 1.50 lacs will be given to one village with highest sex ratio during the year & the award money will be utilized in the form of scholarship to first 3 meritorious girls in 10th standard.
- State Award:- In F.Y. 2015-16 a state award of Rs. 5.00 lacs will be given to the village with highest sex ratio throughout the state during the year.
- Incentive for Informer:- The incentive for informer money increased to Rs. One lac on 5.3.2015 by Hon’ble Health Minister. An Incentive of Rs. 1.00 lac to 13 persons have been awarded in districts Gurgaon (5) Ambala (4), Jind (1), Jhajjar (1), Bhiwani (1) and Rewari(1) in 2015-16.
- Residence ID Proof with Form-F for verification of pregnant lady.
- Registration of Veterinary Ultrasound Machines.
- Monitoring of Sex Ratio of IVF centres
- Monitoring of sale of MTP Pills & their misuse for sex selective abortion.
- Decoy operations intensified resulting into FIR & sending culprits behind bars.
- Registration of manufacturers, retailers of USG in Haryana to avid sale of unregistered USG machines.
- Monitoring of sale of Gender Test Kits on websites.
- District Task Force for monitoring & Implementation of PC & PNDT.
- Capacity building of Judiciary, AA, DS, WCD, Director prosecution by Chandigarh Judicial Academy in Chandigarh on 31.3.2015.
- Signature campaign to Save the Girl Child by Health Department throughout state on 16.1.2015.
- Pledge ceremony to save girl child on 16-01-2015 at 11 AM by medical, paramedical, ANM, ASHA at DH, SDH, CHC, PHC throughout the state.
- Pledge to save the Girl Child in district school & college on fixed day & time of every month.
- District level capacity building workshops.
- Use of BBBP logo on all noting, letters.
- Launch of BBBP programme by Hon’ble Prime Minister from Panipat on 22.01.2015.
- Two day thematic workshop on BBBP at IOL conference hall of Panipat on 20th & 21st Jan, 2015.
- Pledge ceremony to save the girl child at 11. 00 Am on 16.01.2015 throughout Haryana by all health staff & put ultrasonology.
- State task force monitoring field visits in districts Ambala, Sonipat & Jind
- Direction issued to all CMO’s for display of 2ftx2ft Logo of BBBP on buildings of school,college hospital,dispensary,schc,phc,sub centre,panchayat ghar.
- Pledge ceremony by participants (100) from Delhi, Chandigarh, Haryana to save the girl child on 12.07.2015 at Beti Bachao PC & PNDT infertility workshop organized by IFS Haryana chapter in Karnal.
- Re-constitution of State Supervisory Board under PC & PNDT Act on 27.2.2015.
- State Supervisory Board meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Principal Secretary Health on 16.7.2015.
- Interstate Coordination meeting organized by Rajasthan in Jaipur was attended by Deputy Director (S.S) PNDT on 15.9.2015 and organized by Punjab on 16.9.2015 was attended by Additional Chief Secretary to Government of Haryana, Health Department and Director General Health Services, Haryana Sector-6 Panchkula in Chandigarh.
- State Advisory Committee meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Dr. Daya Sirohiwal on 29.9.2015. .
- Consultation workshop Organized by National Women Commission on Surrogacy issues was attended by Deputy Director (S.S) PNDT on 15.10.2015 at VIgyan Bhawan New Delhi.
- Directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 18.9.2015 have been issued to all Chairman District Appropriate Authority-cum-Civil Surgeons in the State of Haryana vide letter no. Regd. PNDT/SCO/15/1690-1710 dated 12.10.2015 for strict compliance.
- In compliance of Supreme Court order dated 18.09.2015, Quarterly Progress Report under PNDT has been sent to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on dated 21.10.2015 and same has been apprised by E-mail dated on 28.10.2015 to Mr. Dinesh Chander Yadav, Addl. Advocate General, Haryana in Supreme Court.